ACR 122 U
The ACR122U NFC Reader is a PC-linked contactless smart card reader/writer developed based on the 13.56 MHz Contactless (RFID) Technology. Compliant with the ISO/IEC18092 standard for Near Field Communication (NFC), it supports not only Mifare® and ISO 14443 A and B cards but also all four types of NFC tags.
ACR122U is compliant with both CCID and PC/SC. Thus, it is a plug-and-play USB device allowing interoperability with different devices and applications. With an access speed of up to 424 kbps and a full USB speed of up to 12 Mbps, ACR122U can also read and write more quickly and efficiently. The proximity operating distance of ACR122U is up to 5 cm, depending on the type of contactless tag in use.
In order to increase the security level, ACR122U can be integrated with an ISO 7816-3 SAM slot. Furthermore, the ACR122U NFC Reader is available in module form, permitting easy integration into bigger machines, such as POS terminals, physical access systems and vending machines.
The ACR122U NFC Reader is ideal for both secure personal identity verification and online micro-payment transactions. Other applications of the ACR122U include access control, e-payment, e-ticketing for events and mass transit, toll road fare collection and network authentication.
- Read/write speed up to 424 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless tag access, with card reading distance of up to 50 mm (depending on tag type)
- Supports ISO 14443 Type A and B, MIFARE®, FeliCa, and all 4 types of NFC (ISO/IEC 18092) tags
- Built-in anti-collision feature (only 1 tag is accessed at any time)
- User-controllable bi-color LED
- User-controllable buzzer