Secugen Hamster IV
SecuGen Hamster IV is the FBI Certified addition to SecuGen's popular and versatile fingerprint reader product line. Packaged in a comfortable, ergonomic design, Hamster IV features the industry's most rugged and advanced optical sensor using patented SEIR fingerprint biometric technology.
Auto-On™ is an Automatic Finger Placement Detection technology that automatically checks for the presence of a finger. When used with Auto-On-compatible software*, the Hamster IV will turn on and scan your finger as soon as you touch the sensor - all without having to prompt the system.
Smart Capture™ ensures quality fingerprint scanning of difficult fingers. By automatically adjusting the brightness of the sensor, Smart Capture allows the Hamster IV to capture high quality fingerprints from a wide range of traditionally difficult fingers, including those from dry, wet, scarred or aged skin, and even in bright ambient conditions such as under direct sunlight.
FBI Certified "PIV Single Finger Capture Device"
- GSA APL listed and FIPS 201 / PIV compliant
- High-performance, maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor
- Sensor resistant to scratches, impact, vibration and electrostatic shock
- Auto-On™ (Automatic Finger Placement Detection)*
- Smart Capture™ (Self-Adjusting Fingerprint Brightness)
- USB connection
- Removable weighted stand
- Compact, lightweight and portable
- Integrated finger guide
- Readily accessible for any finger
- Benefits of Using SecuGen Peripherals
SecuGen peripherals are easy to use and can be installed quickly on any Windows PC. Backed by the industry's best warranty, years of field use and proven reliability under extreme conditions, SecuGen peripherals provide consistent performance and security for a growing number of software applications for desktop, network, enterprise and Internet environments.
When used for biometric authentication as part of an overall security program, SecuGen peripherals can help reduce the hassles of password overload, decrease the risks of security breaches, improve accountability and add true non-repudiation, all while making it more convenient and intuitive for almost any user.
Look to SecuGen for advanced, fingerprint biometric technologies that let your fingerprints act like digital passwords that cannot be lost, forgotten or stolen.
Hamster IV (HFDU04)
Optical Fingerprint Sensor
258 x 336 pixels
16.1 mm x 18.2 mm
12.9 mm x 16.8 mm
0.26 sec (continuous) / 0.52 sec (snap-shot)
-10° to +50°C
< 90% RH noncondensing
Dimensions and Weight
27 x 40 x 73 mm, 100 g (without stand)
Supply Voltage / Max. Current
5 V DC / 130-150 mA
ESD Tolerance / Platen Hardness
12 kV / 750 Hk (6.8 Mohs)
False Acceptance and False Rejection Rates (FAR and FRR)
Read our FAQs
USB 2.0 high speed
One year limited
ISO 19794, INCITS 378, BioAPI, FIPS 201 (PIV) (view PDF), SP 800-76 (view PDF)
FCC, CE, RoHS, GSA FIPS 201 APL, FBI IAFIS Certified
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 / 9x - Download driver
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2003 - Download driver
- Java, Linux - Available in SDKs below
- FDx SDK Pro for Windows
- SecuBSP SDK Pro for Windows
- SecuGen BioAPI BSP Pro for Windows
- SecuSearch SDK Pro for Windows
- FDx SDK for Java
- SecuGen ISO Image SDK - Windows